The data controller for this website is Ofsted.
We apply the General Data Protection Regulation and other UK data protection law when handling any personal information. When we ask you for personal information we will keep to the law, and promise to:
- make sure you know why we need it
- only ask for what we need, and not to collect too much or irrelevant information
- protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- let you know if we share it with other organisations to give you better public services – and if you can say no
- make sure we don’t keep it longer than necessary
- not make your personal information available for commercial use without your permission.
To help us to keep your information reliable and up to date, please:
- provide us with accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible if there are any changes, such as a new address.
If you are not satisfied
If you feel Ofsted has not kept its promises about the way we handle your personal information, we ask you write to, or email, our Data Protection Officer, Neil Greenwood.
or post to:
Information management team
The Information Commissioner
If you believe that we are not following the law when processing your personal data, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Comments and questions
We may pass your enquiries to another government department so they can fulfil your information request.
If you sign up to receive email alerts, we will only send you alerts when a new report is published.
If you ask us to cancel email alerts, we will remove you from our mailing list and your details will be deleted from our records.